The MOD 70 class is born in 2009 with the experience gained in the Orma 60 trimaran class, from an association between 3 passionate entrepreneurs & sailors: Marco Simeoni, Steve Ravussin and Franck David.
Compared to the Orma 60, the MOD 70 have the following improvements:
- 5% reduced sail area for better safety
- Main hull 10 feet longer for avowing pitch haul
- Raised beams for better passage in the waves
- Lifting main rudder
- Curved foils for better performance and safety
- Canting mast positioned further aft